Choosing between cute cat names can be a highlight to pass the time while you wait for a new cat or kitten to come home.
Whether you’re stuck for inspiration, or just want to see what ideas are out there, we’ve got plenty of names for you to choose from.
Our Top 100 Names
We’ve got lots of ideas, starting with these, our top 100:
Choosing Cute Cat Names
As you begin brainstorming cute cat names, here are a few naming tips that might help you narrow down your search:
- For ease of training, pick a name that is three syllables or shorter, or a name you can shorten to just one or two syllables.
- Steer clear of any names that sound too phonetically similar to training commands you want to teach your new cat.
- If you can’t decide between two or more names, try each one out on your new cat and see which one seems to get the best response!
- It is also perfectly fine to give your new feline family member a first name and a middle name if you are having trouble picking just one name.
- Study your cat’s appearance, eye and fur color and pattern, unique personality traits, food preferences, and other attributes as another rich source of naming inspiration.
Best Cute Cat Names
It is not at all uncommon to see cat name trends fluctuate. Often, this is based on the movies, books or even Instagram felines that are most popular when you bring your new cat home. However, there are also some staple classic cat names that never seem to go out of style!
These are some of the best cute cat names according to popular cat naming trends as of the time of publication.
Female Cute Cat Names
It’s not hard to come up with lots of ultra-sweet and feminine cute cat names. The difficult bit is choosing between them!
These female cute cat names are short and sweet, just like your precious new fur baby.
Of course, your boy cat won’t know any different if you choose one for him as well!
Male Cute Cat Names
Even the biggest tom cat usually turns into a cuddly baby when there’s a warm lap or a packet of Dreamies at stake.
You can honor your tom with one of these male cute cat names, or give them to a girl kitty instead. (If James is good enough for Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively’s daughter, it’s good enough for us!)
Cool Cute Cat Names
Simply being born feline gives your new kitty coolness and cuteness in spades.
We think you’ll love the naming ideas in this list of cool cute cat names.
- Petit Four
- 50 Cent
- Jiminy Cricket
- Sugar Baby
- Little Meow
- Pita Pumpkin Eata
- Big Bada Boom
Cuter Than Cute Cat Names
If naming a rescue cat or kitten isn’t the opportunity to realize your campest, kitschest, most flamboyant naming ideas, we don’t know what is.
No other animal could pull off these cuter than cute cat names with poise and nonchalance.
- Jessica Rabbit
- Little Bit
- Twinkle Toes
- Winnie (the Pooh)
- Princess Buttercup
- Star Bright
- Mae Belle
Funny Cute Cat Names
These funny cute cat names do their best to capture the feline comedian hidden inside your adorable new kitten or rescue cat.
- Hot Dog
- Mini Me
- Pocket Rocket
- Here Mousie
- Pop Tart
- Alley Cat
- Tinker Toy
- Tiddly Wink
Unique Cute Cat Names
These unique cute cat names head into international waters to find inspiration from languages around the world.
- Posy (English for “little flower”)
- Sagira (Egyptian for little one”)
- Nina/Nino (Spanish for “little girl” or “little boy”)
- Paliki (Hungarian for “little”)
- Chica/Chico (Spanish for “little girl” or “little boy”)
- Piccolo (Italian for “small”)
- Breve (Italian for “brief”)
- Pequena (Spanish for “small”)
- Mali (Croatian for “small”)
- Petit (French for “small”)
- Lille (Danish for “small”)
- Maly (Polish for “small”)
- Klein (Dutch for “small”)
- Ndogo (Swahili for “small”)
- Aiko (Japanese for “little love”)
- Demi (French for “half size”)
- Karina (Scandinavian for “little dear”)
- Lunetta (Italian for “little moon”)
- Tulla (Irish for “little hill”)
- Umayma (Egyptian for “little mother”)
Tough Cute Cat Names
It can be hard to look truly tough when you are blessed with sweet and fluffy features! But just because the outside of your kitty is soft and huggable doesn’t mean there isn’t a whole lot of power and personality packed inside that pint-sized skin.
Here’s hoping one of these tough cute cat names sums up your sweet feline’s personality precisely!
Fun Facts About Cute Cats
All kittens are cute. But did you know that just like people, they’re all born with blue eyes?
Their blue peepers will be sealed tightly shut until they’re seven to ten days old. And after that, they’ll only stay blue until about six weeks old. From then, their adult eye color will start to develop.
One of the smallest breeds of cat is the diminutive Singapura. These friendly cats rarely tip the scales at more than eight pounds. They’re sometimes also known as “love cats” in their native Singapore.
Perfect Cute Cat Names
Congratulations on your new mini feline family member! We hope you have found a wealth of cute cat names inspiration in this article.
When you choose your new kitty’s “fur-ever” name, please drop back by and post a comment to share what name you chose and the story behind it. We love to learn from our readers!
More Name Ideas
Whether you’ve got a cute kitty or another pet, we have plenty more ideas for you! Take a look at some of our other favorite animal names below:
References And Further Reading
- Ingram, L., “These Are the Most Popular Names for Dogs and Cats,” Parade, 2019.
- Thornton, K, 2015. What’s Behind Your Cat’s Eye Color? Sacramento Bee
- Lombardi, L, 2018. Why You’re Probably Training Your Cat All Wrong. National Geographic